Steering committee and documents
The Southern Ocean Research Partnership represents a model for how we can all work together to improve the health and status of southern ocean whale populations.
The IWC-SORP Scientific Steering Committee (SSC), overseeing work and projects, is made up of regional participants and IWC representatives. The SSC welcomes new members from other non-represented regions if and when they join the Partnership.
The Scientific Steering Committee currently comprises:
- South American representation: Barbara Galletti (Chile), Miguel Iñiguez (Argentina), Fabia Luna (Brazil)
- North American representation: Bob Brownell (USA)
- European representation: Stephanie Lagerock (Belgium), Jean-Benoît Charrassin (France), Helena Herr (Germany; Chair of IWC-SORP SSC), Giancarlo Lauriano (Italy), Pierre Gallego (Luxembourg), Arne Bjorge (Norway)
- African representation: Herman Oosthuizen (South Africa)
- Oceania representation: Elanor Bell (IWC-SORP Coordinator, Australia), Mike Double (Australia), Rochelle Constantine (New Zealand), David Lundquist (New Zealand)
- IWC representation: Greg Donovan (Head of Science for the IWC), Robert Suydam and Alex Zerbini (Chair and Vice-Chair of the IWC/SC), Jennifer Jackson (Chair of the Southern Hemisphere whales sub-committee)
Secretariat functions are undertaken by staff at the Australian Marine Mammal Centre, Australian Antarctic Division, Hobart. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
IWC-SORP related documents
General information about the early development of IWC-SORP is available in the SORP information pamphlet [PDF].